[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with pimp in 2.3.4

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jul 7 13:15:09 CEST 2004

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> writes:

> On Jul 6, 2004, at 4:55 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:
>

>> On 6 Jul 2004, at 00:05, Markus Neff wrote:
>>> I just tried the GUI Package manager and pimp.py and both seem as
>>> they would work now. Before I go on, please allow one further
>>> question: is it possible to install the listed binary packages into
>>> any Python 2.3.x version (binary compatibility)?
>>
>> That is definitely the intention of Python micro-releases, so if
>> this isn't the case please let me know.
>
> But it isn't necessarily the case.  Each .so will have a mach-o load
> command pointing to some particular Python path, except when using the
> -undefined dynamic_lookup linker flag on 10.3.  Has that linking style
> been backported to any 2.3.x release?

But the paths should be the same for any 2.3.x release -- there's a
lot of the moral equivalent of sys.version[:3] going on in computing
paths in Python...

Or have I missed something?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  QNX... the OS that walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but is,
  in fact, a platypus. ... the adventures of porting duck software