[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL gui with Panther python?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Sun Jul 11 19:09:22 CEST 2004

On 7/11/04 6:10 PM +0200 Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> PyObjC currently has no support for PIL images.
>
> BTW. Why do you have to display PIL images? Cocoa has support for
> displaying images and transforming them.

I guess I don't, but the code I was porting involved using PIL to resize
and display images.  Does Cocoa have routines for rotation, antialiased
downsizing, and saving back out to jpeg?  I didn't see them in a quick scan
of the Cocoa "Drawing and Images" doc but maybe I was looking in the wrong
place.
--
David Eppstein                      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/