[Pythonmac-SIG] Totally O.T. OS-X question

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 16 20:39:04 CEST 2004

Thanks everybody. You're such a helpful bunch. I don't have it solved
yet, but I think I know where to start. (maybe) I'm not the only one
that has this problem. A colleague of mine has exactly the same
problem,a nd I think almost exactly the same set up:

New G5

Developer tools installed from a cd that came with a copy of Panther
from before the G5. Auto-upgraded with software update. It worked great
on my previous G4.

I'm guessing the wrong copy of developer tools is the problem. I guess
I'll go to Apples website and download it from there. It's very annoying
that Apple didn't ship a Developer Tools cd with my new G5.

Russell Finn wrote:

 > What does "which gcc" return for you?  It returns /usr/bin/gcc for
me, which points to /usr/bin/gcc-3.3.

So does mine.

Jack Jansen wrote:

 > Either you haven't installed everything (such as the platform SDK, as
Ronald suggests)

wouldn't the platform SDK get installed with the Developer Tools?

or you'ce accidentally removed some files. crt1.o

I'm quite sure I haven't done that.

 > should be in /usr/lib/crt1.o.

I don't have a single *.o in /usr/lib--maybe that's a hint.

 > Here's the complete output of what is loaded for me, and from where:

Thanks Jack. I seem to have all of those, except crt1.o

Brad Howes wrote:

 > For some reason, I was missing a few libraries in /us/lib, including
/usr/lib/crt1.o. You can find a copy of this file in
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/usr/lib

I don't seem to have that directory....

Oh well, off to install the complete new developer Tools off the web site.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov