[Pythonmac-SIG] Headers for Numeric module

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 29 21:10:37 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've installed Numeric with both Jack's PIMP database and Bob's. They
are not the same version, and Bob's has real advantages (see my previous
post). However, in neither case did I get the headers installed, so I
can't compile extensions against it.

I remember there was some issue about how they couldn't be installed
properly because they need to go into System/Library/....

Is my only option to go get the full sources from the Numeric web site,
and install the headers by hand?

In any case, there really should be a way to install a "dev" version of
a package, and get the necessary headers installed.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov