[Pythonmac-SIG] package manager parsing error

Jon Peirce Jonathan.Peirce at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 10:54:46 EDT 2004

I've just installed the python panther addons to a completely fresh, new
machine (10.3.3) but can't get going with pacakge manager. It finds the
database (so not a firewall error) but gives me 'unspecified error
parsing database:....' and tells me that the it probably isn't formatted
properly. I;ve tried several different ones from the list of databases
(Jack's and Bob's) as well as the default one, with the same error each
time.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it a 10.3.3 issue?

Jon