[Pythonmac-SIG] icons?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jun 22 06:18:59 EDT 2004

has <hengist.podd at virgin.net> writes:

> Hey folks,
>
> Just been doing icon artwork for Distutils-GUI, and it occurred to me
> to ask if MacPython 2.4 could use some fresh icons? If so, let us know
> if you'd like us to try whipping some up. e.g. See the DuGUI icon on
> my site; generic Python application icon:
> <http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/python.icns.sit>

You mean you susbscribed to this list *after* the immense flamewar
that happened last time this got mentioned <wink>?

The Standard Objections to your icon, btw, are: (a) "Python" is named
after "Monty Python", not the snake, and (b) some people really hate
snakes.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  But maybe I've just programmed in enough different languages to
  assume that they are, in fact, different.