[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac OS X 10.3 and Tkinter

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Jun 25 09:49:26 EDT 2004

On 25-jun-04, at 3:28, LINCOLN RUTLEDGE wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I haven't read the archives yet, sorry.  This is a fairly low traffic
> list, so...
>
> I installed the add-on package for Mac Python, and IDLE does not work.

There's a really good chance that this is because _tkinter isn't
installed. You say later "it is installed", but is it installed for the
  right Python, and the right version?

Here's how to make sure:
- Start Package Manager
- To forestall another bug, select the "show hidden packages" checkmark
- Check whether the _tkinter line says "installed". If it doesn't:
select it, press Install.
- If you get an error message about TclTkAqua: select that package and
follow the instructions in the description field.

Note that Tkinter scripts will *not* work under the IDE.

>  Also the IDE crashes when running my little curses game code.  This
> is about the third time after reloading.

I'm not sure using curses under the IDE works, but it sure shouldn't
crash. Could you send me the stack trace (if you have one: it may be in
the Console window (Applications->Utilities->Console), or only in an
IDE dialog (in which case it's diffficult to send). Otherwise send me
the script, if it isn't too big, plus instructions on how to get the
crash.
Goldman