[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter/IDLE

LINCOLN RUTLEDGE rutledge.50 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 28 00:29:19 EDT 2004

Hi, Thanks for all of the help.  IDLE works now!

I have a question though:  I *think* under OpenBSD IDLE would
spit output from print statements and ncurses handling to the
xterm I launched IDLE from...  I have tried running my
program from IDLE by launching IDLE from Finder or by typing
"open /Applications...IDLE.app", both in Terminal.app and an
xterm.  I am getting some strange behaviors, such as crashing
my program on unhandled input exceptions, when I haven't
typed anything!  Also I can't find my output from print
statements etc.  Any ideas how this ties together?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/lrutled/incoming/galagASCII.pl2.py", line 407, in
-toplevel-
    maingameloop()
  File "/Users/lrutled/incoming/galagASCII.pl2.py", line 354, in
maingameloop
    if chr(key) == "j" and (ship.shipx > 0):
ValueError: chr() arg not in range(256)

This is even though I haven't typed anything!  And I get the
exact same errors from xterm as I said.

Now I'm getting paranoid that I will have to get away from UFS
and use HFS+.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks folks, happy hacking,

Lincoln