[Pythonmac-SIG] Which Python version in 10.3.3?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Mar 3 15:42:19 EST 2004

On Mar 3, 2004, at 3:19 PM, Eric Nieuwland wrote:

> Does anyone have a clues about which version of Python will be
> included with 10.3.3?
> Will Apple upgrade to 2.3.3?
> Will they free up Python so we can upgrade with braking the system?

In my opinion, it's /highly/ unlikely that Apple will make any upgrades
to Python in the 10.3.x series.

What, specifically, do you need from 2.3.3?  Unless it's part of the
python interpreter itself, then it can probably be "monkeypatched"
without too much hassle.  Jack and I have worked out a pretty good
methodology for distributing hot-fixes without having to write to
/System, but we aren't offering any yet.  I would expect something from
us in the next few weeks, but you should tell us what hot-fixes you
need so that we can have those ready.