[Pythonmac-SIG] More OS9 Socket Questions

vze26m98 vze26m98 at optonline.net
Mon Mar 15 10:50:40 EST 2004

Thanks Jack for your earlier reply.

I had a couple of other questions though:

1) I noticed that the socket test file, test_socket.py, runs through the
TCP tests with flying colors on OS9, although the UDP tests have been
skipped for the Mac. Does this mean that the TCP functionality is OKAY?

I've been thinking that maybe my problem is with a non-threaded approach
to interapplication communications rather than some error with
MacPython/GUSI...

2) I did do some reading in the archives and came across references to
GUSI, for which I have the source. My questions is, for MacPython 2.3
for OS9, is the GUSI library "patched" or is it the same as Matthias
Neeracher's GUSI 2 release?

Best and thanks again!

Tad Turner

Charles Turner                   917-699-9513
72 Hickory Hill Lane
Tappan, NY  10983      vze26m98 at optonline.net