[Pythonmac-SIG] Question about bundlebuilder.py

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Mon Mar 15 14:27:39 EST 2004

I am using bundlebuilder.py to package up the BitPim application (found
on SourceForge).

We just encountered a user who had Jaguar installed, upgraded to
Panther but did not install the optional BSD subsystem. Consequently,
his system was a mess. Apparently the Python framework for 2.3 was
installed, but /usr/bin/python was still v2.2, and things were not
working well at all.

What perplexed me was that I created the bundle as standalone, and it
has a Python executable inside of it, but yet to launch the included
bootstrap script it insists on using /usr/bin/python, not the one
bundled in, and I can't seem to find a way to make it use the bundled
version.

Any suggestions or pointers to what I'm overlooking here?

Or, as an alternative, is there a way to pass in my own bootstrap
script, perhaps a shell script that will launch the bundled Python and
the app's main .py script?

Thanks!!

Steve