[Pythonmac-SIG] How to install packages?

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Wed Mar 24 16:08:06 EST 2004

pythonmac at gisborne.emailuser.net wrote:
> Panther. Latest update.
>
> Installed MacPython extensions for Panther.
>
> Installed wxPython for Panther.
>
> Go to /Applications/wxPythonOSX-2.4.1.2.
>
> Open Demos. Double-click on arbitrary demo. See this:
>
> $ "/usr/local/bin/pythonw"
> "/Applications/wxPythonOSX-2.4.1.2/demo/wxButton.pyc"  && echo Exit
> status: $? && exit 1
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Applications/wxPythonOSX-2.4.1.2/demo/wxButton.py", line 2, in  ?
> ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx
>
> Wonder about how to install packages on OS X.

I believe that wxPython 2.4.1.2 was released before Panther was and it
definitly should *not* be used with Panther.  The latest 2.4.x is
2.4.2.4 and it had a pacakge built specifically for Panther by Kevin
Ollivier which can be downloaded from here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonOSX-2.4.2.4-Py2.3-panther.dmg?download

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman