[Pythonmac-SIG] bundlebuilder and pyopengl

Mark DePristo mdepristo at cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 4 11:35:36 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm having a tough time getting bundlebuilder to work with PyOpenGL.  I
keep getting the following message in my console.log box:

===== Tue May 04 2004 ===== 16:23:07 Europe/London =====
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/Users/mdepristo/research/chemotaxis/glutSoloXcode/pybct/build/
pyBCT.app/Contents/Resources/test.py", line 1, in ?
     import OpenGL
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/OpenGL/__init__.py", line 18, in ?
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/OpenGL/__init__.py", line 14, in
__set_attributes
IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory:
'/Users/mdepristo/research/chemotaxis/glutSoloXcode/pybct/build/
pyBCT.app/Contents/Resources/Modules.zip/OpenGL/version'

I've been using a very simple build script:

### makeapplication.py
from bundlebuilder import buildapp

buildapp(
     name='pyBCT',                # what to build
     mainprogram='test.py',         # your app's main()
     argv_emulation=0,            # drag&dropped filenames show up in
sys.argv
     standalone=True,                # make this app self contained.
     includeModules=['OpenGL'],          # list of additional Modules to
force in
     includePackages=['OpenGL'],         # list of additional Packages
to force in
     # list of shared libs or Frameworks to include
     libs=[],
)

### end of makeapplication.py

And test.py is the incredibly simple:

# START test.py
import OpenGL

if __name__ == "__main__":
	print 'HELLO WORLD FROM PYBCT'
# END test.py

Clearly, the problem is the way pyopengl is included in the bundle.
First, the 'version' file is missing from the Modules.zip package.  Is
there any way to automatically include this file in the Modules.zip
directory?  I've experimented with the --file option, but it isn't
clear what I need to do.  Has anyone successfully included PyOpenGL
into a standalone program built with bundlebuilder?  If so, how did you
do it?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark DePristo