[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 13, Issue 5

Daniel Lord daniel at brightfire.org
Wed May 5 20:49:05 EDT 2004

HAS wrote:

> Thanks for checking it out and letting me know. I've put the link up
> on my site now and updated its PyPI entry, and I'll punt some
> announcements out the the AppleScript folks for their info. I've also
> updated the existing example scripts and added some new ones for
> anyone that's interested.

One interesting quirk I have noted. I must run any custom terminology
as root otherwise Launch.py fails to find the _Launch module. I cannot
figure out what is wrong. I suspected permissions to be the culprit,
obviously, but changing them on the entire appscript directory tree did
not fix the problem. Any ideas?

(FYI Excel.py runs a function that simply fills up a worksheet with a
value, in the case below starting at 1,1 for 4 cols and 4 rows and
fills with 'test')

  ~/Documents/Development/Python/Python-Applescript/Excel $ pythonw
Excel.py 1 1 4 4 test
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Excel.py", line 3, in ?
     from appscript import *
   File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/appscript/__init__.py", line 6, in ?
     from Main import app
   File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/appscript/Main.py", line 9, in ?
     import LaunchServices
   File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/appscript/LaunchServices/__init__.py", line 3, in ?
     from Launch import *
   File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/appscript/LaunchServices/Launch.py", line 3, in ?
     from _Launch import *
ImportError: No module named _Launch