[Pythonmac-SIG] Python editors on OSX

Louis M. Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Wed May 12 12:26:10 EDT 2004

>In Vim (which is just vi), I have a script that runs the current buffer.
>
>Another good choice, actually, is jEdit. It has nice IDE features like
>syntax highlighting, folding and a debugger. See attached screen shot.
>
>C.

Well, jEdit looks pretty spiffy.  Will have to check it out.

OT:  I see you use SciPy. Do you like it.  Bigger question:  how hard
was it to get up and running on your Mac?  I think I looked at it
once and it required a lot of other packages.  Maybe I'm
mis-remembering.  Anyway, your take on SciPy is of interest.

Thanks.
--

Cheers,

Lou Pecora