[Pythonmac-SIG] mod_python problems

Markus W. Weissmann mww at opendarwin.org
Fri May 14 01:41:38 EDT 2004

Hi fellow pythonians,

I've got some weird problems with mod_python on 10.3:
When starting apache2, it crashes and I find the following in the
error.log
---
[notice] mod_python: Creating 32 session mutexes based on 150 max
processes and 0 max threads.
dyld: /opt/local/apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_CFStringConvertEncodingToIANACharSetName
_CFStringGetCStringPtr
_CFStringGetSystemEncoding
_FSMakeFSSpec
_FSRefMakePath
_FSpMakeFSRef
_GetResource
_HLock
_HUnlock
_ReleaseResource
---

my python lib and the mod_python.so seem to be linked against the right
version of python:

$ otool -L /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_python.so
/opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_python.so:
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 71.0.0)
         /opt/local/lib/libpython2.3.dylib (compatibility version 2.3.0,
current version 2.3.0)
$ otool -L /opt/local/lib/libpython2.3.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libpython2.3.dylib:
         /opt/local/lib/libpython2.3.dylib (compatibility version 2.3.0,
current version 2.3.0)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 71.0.0)

when using Apples python instead, it wont not crash. Is there a way to
find out if my
python23.dylib is working at all? Suggestions to solve this are
welcome...

thanks,

Markus

---