[Pythonmac-SIG] Jpeg still broken?

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Fri May 14 18:28:17 EDT 2004

Hmmm,

May I did something ok late last night...

After I tried and evidently failed on my last attempt
to build PIL I went to bed...

This morning when I download your thingy I noticed the _imaging.so
in the PIL directory.

I went back to the build directory and saw an _imagingtk.so in the PIL
directory.

I copied the file to the python installation directory and reran the
View.py demo and it *worked*. I guess the install did not copy the
rascal.

Basically it appears that you can use the Tkinter module but you
have to pass through the imageTk rascal first ( that is what Viewer.py
does)

I will have to try my _imaging.so later tonight and see if everything
still
works....

Jerry