[Pythonmac-SIG] another bundlebuilder question

thor thor.thor.thor.thor at virgin.net
Wed May 19 07:29:27 EDT 2004

Hi list !

I am new to Python and so far I am really impressed, however
a bit confused sometimes about where to search for information
and API for the functionality and interfaces of classes.

Anyway, I've built a little test application which uses pygame for
the graphics and I want to make an app out of it.

I modified this to control the buindlebuilder (from an example):

========================
### makeapplication.py
from bundlebuilder import buildapp

buildapp(
     name='myApp.app',     # what to build
     mainprogram='main.py',      # your app's main()
     argv_emulation=1,           # drag&dropped filenames show up in
sys.argv
     iconfile='myIcon.icns',      # file containing your app's icons
     standalone=1,               # make this app self contained.
     includeModules= ['pygame', 'random', 'time', 'OpenGL', 'os'],
     includePackages=[],         # list of additional Packages to force
in
     libs=[],                             # list of shared libs or
Frameworks to include
)

### end of makeapplication.py
====================

But the results I get are always these:

mac$ python makeapplication.py --standalone --strip build

Finding module dependencies
Building 'build/myApp.app'
Copying files
Adding Python modules
Stripping binaries
Warning: couldn't find the following submodules:
     (Note that these could be false alarms -- it's not always
     possible to distinguish between "from package import submodule"
     and "from package import name")
   ? AppKit.NSApp
   ? AppKit.NSApplication
   ? AppKit.NSCriticalRequest
   ? AppKit.NSImage
   ? AppKit.NSMenu
   ? AppKit.NSMenuItem
   ? AppKit.NSTerminateLater
   ? Foundation.NSDictionary
   ? Foundation.NSLog
   ? Foundation.NSObject
   ? objc.selector
   ? objc.setClassExtender
   ? objc.setSignatureForSelector
Warning: couldn't find the following modules:
   ? os.path
   ? protocols
Done.

So why does bundlebuilder not find the AppKit (it is there when
you try this: "import AppKit" in the python window.

And what is the issue with os? There is a file called os in my
library, but not os.path (and I thought os.path would be part of
that file, right?)

Could somebody tell me what is happening here?
Am I doing something wrong or is my system not updated enough
to use the bundlebuilder?

(I am using OS X 10.3, having installed MacPython, pygame, pyOpenGL,
wxPython, etc. I just installed the system and haven't really modified
anything, so it should be pretty clean).

I hope that you can help me with this one,
many thanks

thor