[Pythonmac-SIG] another bundlebuilder question

thor thor.thor.thor.thor at virgin.net
Wed May 19 13:55:59 EDT 2004

Hi Bob and rest of the list

Thank's for your help.

>> (I am using OS X 10.3, having installed MacPython, pygame, pyOpenGL,
>> wxPython, etc. I just installed the system and haven't really modified
>> anything, so it should be pretty clean).
>
> Those are completely spurious warnings that don't really mean
> anything.  Modulefinder is stupid.
>
> There is an example in pygame CVS:
> pygame/examples/macosx/aliens_app_example that shows how to use
> bundlebuilder2 to make a standalone bundle.  Your example isn't
> actually standalone.  You can get bundlebuilder2 by installing:
> http://undefined.org/python/macholib-v2.0a0.tgz

I downloaded the macholib and put the bundlebuilder2 into the
python2.3/plat-mac
folder. (where the other bundlebuilder was). However I didn't know
where to put
the macholib files, so I put them there as well. Is that the right
place?

But now I get this error:

mac$ python buildapp.py --standalone build

Finding module dependencies
Building 'build/myApp.app'
Copying files
Relocating libraries
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "buildapp.py", line 31, in ?
     plist       = infoPlist,
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/plat-mac/bundlebuilder2.py", line 974, in buildapp
     main(builder)
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/plat-mac/bundlebuilder2.py", line 962, in main
     builder.build()
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/plat-mac/bundlebuilder2.py", line 159, in build
     self._relocateHeaders()
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/plat-mac/bundlebuilder2.py", line 206, in _relocateHeaders
     fobj.copyToFolder(dst, copyfile=self.copyFile,
copytree=self.copyTree)
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/plat-mac/macholib/util.py", line 180, in copyToFolder
     fh = openfile(os.path.join(folder, toWrite), 'rb+')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'build/myApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL'

Could somebody tell me what might be wrong?

Or perhaps answer the general question: How does one build a standalone
application in Python on OS X? Are there any tutorials? Any tips?

thank you very much

thor