[Pythonmac-SIG] Bundlebuilder vs. save as applet

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed May 19 17:52:56 EDT 2004

Good suggestions! I'm not sure how feasible the plugin idea would be
(it would need to do GUI things, and I'm not sure we can pull off
something that would work in, say, all of Cocoa, Tkinter and wxPython
based GUI apps), but we may be able to come up with some sort of a
trick that at least makes it look like a plugin.

Could you add a SF feature request, please, and assign it to me?

On 19 May 2004, at 18:44, has wrote:

> Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>> In a future release I'd like to add a GUI interface to bundlebuilder,
>> so you can gradually migrate from save as applet to bundlebuilder
>> without the current steep learning curve.
>
> Sounds good. Here's a few suggestions, for what they're worth:
>
> - Would it be possible/practical to construct this as, say, a plug-in
> component rather than a standalone executable? That way IDEs could
> incorporate it directly, bringing up the BB dialog when the user
> selects 'Save as Applet...'.
>
> - Arranging the window so that 'Advanced' options are initially hidden
> behind one of those disclosure triangle thingies would keep it easy to
> use when folk just want to spit out a generic applet.
>
> - Also, it'd be good to provide 'BBGUI' as a separate module to the
> original BB module so that scripts and applications wanting to use
> BB's programmatic interface aren't made to import unnecessary GUI
> toolkit modules.
>
> HTH
>
> has
> --