[Pythonmac-SIG] What's installed by default on _Panther_?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue May 25 15:24:29 EDT 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 3:16 PM, eichin at metacarta.com wrote:

>> Python 2.3.0
>>    - all of the extensions you would typically expect
>
> That reminds me, I keep running into things that do
>
>    from xml.sax import saxutils
>    from xml.sax import saxlib
>
> and not finding saxutils, but not finding saxlib - it's probably
> because the code is written on Debian which *does* have saxlib.py in
> the python-xml package; I'd be less surpised if neither of them were
> present, but finding one and not the other seems odd...  is it just an
> older (or newer) version? Or something that's only similar, but not
> the same?

python-xml is not part of the standard library!  It's PyXML.

Blame this on whomever thought it was a good idea for the standard
library to be "extended" by some third party package when present.  If
you had PyXML, you would be able to import _xmlplus (this is the awful
hack they use to inject stuff into the xml namespace).