[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and Renaissance

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Nov 9 07:04:48 CET 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 0:20, Dethe Elza wrote:

> Bob, what's the best way to build an app using py2app if that app
> includes the Renaissance framework?  I looked at the version of
> DrawBot you built using Renaissance, but it used bundlebuilder.  More
> generally, how should I include frameworks with my pyobjc applications
> using py2app?

If you use a python module that links to Renaissance, it will
automatically get included.  Otherwise, you have to specify it as a
framework.

% python setup.py py2app -f Renaissance.framework

(you can specify a full path to the framework or the dylib inside the
framework if you want)

or from setup.py it would look like:

setup(
	options = dict(py2app=dict(
		frameworks=['Renaissance.framework'],
	)),
)

This command is your friend:
% python setup.py --help py2app

Every "long name" in the list corresponds to an option you can pass via
the options dict.  Hypens are converted to underscores.  This same
dance works for any distutils command, btw.