[Pythonmac-SIG] Update on PyQt/question re: EasyDialogs

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 9 22:26:54 CET 2004

On 9 Nov 2004, at 15:55, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> I know the W widgets are depreceated, but am I correct that EasyDialogs
> is still actively maintained as part of the Mac-specific Python
> extensions?

EasyDialogs doesn't depend on W, only on Carbon. And I guess I'll
maintain it for as long as that's feasible. Actually, now that someone
has ported the API to Windows (using only calldll, so it doesn't
require PythonWin) and with some talk here about doing a Cocoa port) we
could consider at some point pushing for the API to become "standard"
for Python dialogs, whatever the underlying GUI toolkit.
Goldman