[Pythonmac-SIG] Numeric 23.6 and vecLib (Apple's optimized implementation of BLAS)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Nov 13 14:46:01 CET 2004

On Nov 13, 2004, at 12:11 AM, Chris Barker wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> I've patched Numeric 23.6's setup.py to link against Apple's BLAS
>> implementation.  It shouldn't cause any problems for other platforms:
>> http://undefined.org/python/mpkg/patch/Numeric-23.6/setup.py
>
> cool! Have you sent this to the Numeric folks? the setup.py has beena
> bit broken in the last couple of releases anyway, I don't know who's
> supposed to be maintaining it, but I"d love to see this get into the
> next release.

No, I have not.. but feel free to do it for me.  I'm currently out of
the country and will probably forget to do it when I get back in two
weeks.

You're right though, the setup.py looks like it pretty much assumes you
have ATLAS, so I'm sure it would be broken for quite a few people
(where it would previously work just fine without it).