[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 19, Issue 27

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 23 19:06:15 CET 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Tell PackageManager to use the URL
> http://www.python.org/packman/version-0.3/darwin-7.5.0-
> Power_Macintosh.plist .. there should be some way in the GUI to do
> this, hopefully it doesn't just quit if the main database is not found.

no, it doesn't quite, but it gives absolutely no clue what to do. Last
time, I went to Bob's database instead. This really does point out a
flaw in the Packman concept.

Jack, could you either:

A) have Packman look for older versions when the latest isn't found

B) put in a link from darwin-7.6.0 to darwin-7.5.0

Is there any reason to think that we need to be tracking the minor
version number anyway?

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov