[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding Python in applications under MacOSX and Darwin.

Robert White kranki at mac.com
Sun Nov 28 05:02:27 CET 2004

I am wondering if someone can answer this question for me.  Is Python
installed as a framework under Darwin?  If so, is there an easy way to
know within a "configure" script (autoconf, libtool, et al) whether you
are in MacOSX or Darwin?  I do not run Darwin, just MacOSX.  The reason
that I ask this is that there are several programs that embed python
within the Darwinports system and I would like to develop a common
routine that would allow a "configure" script to properly compile and
link against the Python Framework in MacOSX yet work in Darwin as well.
  I have not looked at a lot of ports, but the ones that I have looked
at don't get it right and I am too new to the libtool system to provide
a proper response.  So any information or pointers are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Bob.