[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with tkaqua Tkinter and some Kanji unicode values.

Paul Taka takaanna at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:43:13 CET 2004

Hello again, list.

I have to type Japanese characters in python/Tk apps.
Since I had troubles displaying kanji, I searched and found
this topic in pythonmac archives:

In the script given as example, there is the line below:

root.font = TKFont(root, font =
(u'\u30d2\u30e9\u30ae\u30ce\u89d2\u30b4 Pro W3', 12))

Why should I type the fontname with unicode characters?
Because before I read this topic, I tried different Japanese fonts but
by typing their name with ASCII char like this:
  font= "Hiragino Kaku Gothic W3"

But it doesn't work this way.