[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem during installing MySQL module in Python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 30 16:17:35 CET 2004

On 26 Nov 2004, at 08:39, Zsolt.Putnoky at alcatel.fr wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I had tried to install MySQLdba-1.0.0 to be able to talk to MySQL 4
> databases. I cd-ed into the MySQLdba-1.0.0 folder then issued the
> following command
>
> /usr/local/bin/python setup.py install # /usr/local/bin/python is to
> select the custom installation (Python 2.3.4) and not the Apple
> provided one.
>
> At the end of the installation, had received the following message
>
> _mysql.c: In function `_mysql_ConnectionObject_shutdown':
> _mysql.c:1545: error: too few arguments to function `mysql_shutdown'

Have you checked that the version of mysql that you have installed is
actually the same version as what the MySQLdba extension expects? This
looks like the sort of error that could happen if the two don't match:
it appears the function signature of mysql_shutdown() is different from
what MySQLdba expects...
Goldman