[Pythonmac-SIG] compiling pyopengl + numeric

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 1 18:31:23 CEST 2004

altern wrote:

> then i tried to install Numeric 23 but ii get this error
>
> Src/lapack_litemodule.c: At top level:
> Src/lapack_litemodule.c:651: warning: function declaration isn't a
> prototype
>
> anyone knows what am i doing wrong?

the setup.py that comes with Numeric23 accidentally (I assume) is set to
  build Numeric against an existing lapack lib, rather than the
lapack-lite that Numeric comes with.

Either:
A) install an lapack lib: this is the best option if you are doing
linear algebra on large matrices
B) edit the setup.py to use the provided one. It should be commented
well enough to do that
C) download Numeric 22, and use its setup.y to figure out what needs to
change. You may well be able to simply use it with 23.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov