[Pythonmac-SIG] Trying to make an app

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Wed Oct 6 17:39:09 CEST 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 9:46 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Steven Palm wrote:
>> setting it up as well, but I can't immediately see a way to get
>> py2app to duplicate the tree.
>>
>>  They get copied like this:
>>
>>  copying ./resources/pblayout.xy -> BitPim.app/Contents/Resources
>>
>>  Any way to get py2app to preserve the original directory hierarchy?
>
> One way is to specify the resources folder instead of every file in
> the resources folder.  The default tree copier in py2app is going to
> ignore .svn and CVS garbage that may be in there so it's usually fine
> to do.

  Unfortunately not everything in the directory gets put into the
bundle. :-(

> Another way is to specify a list of tuples.. which should definitely
> work but I haven't really tried it myself.
>
> setup(
>     data_files=[('resources', ['./resources/pblayout.xy', ...]), ...],
> )

  That seemed to work.

  I can't figure out the right syntax to get it to process an options
list to make an icon, set the dest_dir, etc... Maybe I'll just sit back
and wait for some of the more seasoned PythonMAC folks  to give this a
going-over.

  Even though the `resource` files are where they are supposed to be, I
still get an error on running the program about recursion errors and
that it cannot find it's resource files.

  Thanks!

  Steve