[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: ANN: py2app 0.1.2 (long)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Oct 10 12:02:57 CEST 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 5:39 AM, Stephane Serra wrote:

> Hello Bob, Giving a try to this new version it seems to break the two
> following apps on  OSX10.2.8 :
>
> 1°  I'm unable to get pygame example to run since it crashes with the
> following console message :
>
> > Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

You have multiple versions of Python installed.  Which Python
interpreter did you create the bundle with, and which ones do you have
installed?  This shouldn't happen, but I don't currently support
non-framework builds of Python (i.e. fink, darwinports, the vendor
installation of 2.2.0 w/ OS X 10.2) so if you built with one of those
and you have framework Pythons installed then you will most definitely
have serious problems.  py2app isn't very well tested on 10.2 and
certainly isn't well tested in environments with a whole bunch of
different Pythons installed (though it should work in most cases).

--

> I precise I'd  set the "installInterrupt=False" trick with PyObjC
> example. Do you get any idea
> on those crashes ?

I'm not sure what that means, but I suggest updating to the latest
version of PyObjC from svn (which should have installInterrupt off by
default).  If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably due to your
multiple versions of Python installed.