[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript terminology caching

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Oct 15 21:41:43 CEST 2004

On 15 Oct 2004, at 12:36, has wrote:
>> You then provide a default set of engines in a default order, but the
>> users can change this order, or add their own special-purpose engine
>> to the front, etc.
>
> I think pluggable engines would be overkill. There's only two places
> terminology data could come from: the original application or the
> cache. And there's only one resolution order that really makes sense:
> if a cache is available then get the terminology from that, otherwise
> get it from the application (or raise an error if that's not possible,
> i.e. the application is remote).

I was thinking here of getting cached terminology from different
places. For example, think of an option in py2app, where it would
optionally precompile all the terminology needed and stuff it into the
application bundle.

But I guess this could just as easily be handled by the caching engine
searching multiple (configurable) places,
Goldman