[Pythonmac-SIG] interaction with OS X commands

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Oct 19 22:40:47 CEST 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 16:36, brad.allen at omsdal.com wrote:

> Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote on 10/18/2004 06:40:08 PM:
>
>> No it does not require Python 2.4.  If you look at PEP 291 it says
>> that
>> subprocess shall remain backwards compatible with Python 2.2.
>
> That sounds promising, but I haven't had much luck finding where to
> download it or instructions on how to install it. Is it a simple pure
> Python module with no outside dependencies? Can I simply distribute
> this
> module in a directory alongside my other Python modules & packages?

The URL I provided tells you exactly where to get it from: a CVS
repository.  It has a setup.py, so you install it like you install
anything else.. though you could just copy subprocess.py wherever it
needs to go.  Alternatively you can get it from Python 2.4 CVS.

Yes it is a simple Python module with no dependencies (on win32 it
requires a _subprocess extension).

Yes you can simply distribute the module in a directory alongside your
other modules/packages.