[Pythonmac-SIG] obtaining versions of application bundles

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Oct 22 23:51:37 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 16:40, brad.allen at omsdal.com wrote:

>> Yeah, Carbon is annoying.. It would look something like this:
>

> Well, I don't know if this will be useful to you, but I did get
> permission
> to publicly post code from our project. Below is Walker's
> VersionResource
> module. This approach reads from the 'vers' resource, not the 'plst'
> resource. The 'plst' resource is easier to parse, I guess. Can we
> expect it
> to be present in every CFM app?

*Nearly* every CFM application that is natively compatible with OS X
should have a 'plst' resource.  If the application doesn't have a
'plst' resource, it would have to be extremely old and is probably
barely compatible with OS X.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/
carbon_porting_guide/cpg_prepstruct/chapter_2_section_3.html