[Pythonmac-SIG] Targeting Object Instances from a menu?

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Mon Oct 25 23:22:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

As a learning project I am creating a class PGBrowser. Creating
an instance of a PGBrowser will bring up a gui with an editor,
status area and a table area connected to a user specified
Postgresql database.

The basic functionality is in place, I can connect to my postgresql
databases and execute sql commands against the database and
get the results displayed nicely in the table area.

I am getting ready to add "enhancements" via a menu and it just
occurred to me that if I have more than one instance of a PGBrowser,
how can I target the appropriate one.

"Regular" mac applications target the "First Responder" chain, in
this case it is generally the frontmost window...

So if I have two browser instances, can I identify the "frontmost"?

If this  is not possible, then it appears that I might have to use
a row of button menus set in each browser window... not a very
mac like solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jerry