[Pythonmac-SIG] wxPython on the Mac - one function with Bus Error

Christian Meesters cmeesters at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 27 20:35:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is my first post here, so please apologize if the problem has been
brought up before - I just feel MacUsers might know an answer to this
question, rather than people at the wxPython list.

Well, I am using a Mac (OS 10.3.5), Python(2.3), and wx.Python(2.5.8).
When creating a ListBox in wxPython with a multiple choice option I
cannot quit my application properly. A Bus Error will be raised and
printed on the shell - unfortunately without further information. This
does not happen when I a) do not open the dialog with the ListBox, or
b) do not enable the multiple choice option, or c) do not bind the
event. I do not see the error unless I quit the application.

However, the same thing happens when using the demo application, not
only by invoking main.py in the demos, but also when using the build
demo. In the latter case I don't see the error message on the shell, of
course, but the program crashes. All that only associated with the
muliple choice option.

It doesn't matter whether I'm dealing with a MultipleChoiseDialog
directly or a ListBox with multiple choice option: Same thing.

Is this a known problem? And, is there any solution known? I noted this
problem a few days ago in the wxPython user list and got no response,
so I would be glad if somebody could give me a hint - anything: I don't
even know what possibly could cause a Bus Error here.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers
Chris