[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and PyQt

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Wed Oct 27 22:45:44 CEST 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

| On Oct 27, 2004, at 15:43, Kevin Walzer wrote:
|
|> Bob Ippolito wrote:
|>
|> | On Oct 27, 2004, at 15:26, Kevin Walzer wrote:
|> |
|> from
|> |
|> |
|> | Neither am I.  You didn't give enough information for me to even guess.
|> |
|> What other information would be helpful?
|

| Most helpful is complete instructions on how to reproduce it (how to get
| and install PyQt, this app, its dependencies, the setup.py used).
| Otherwise, useful things include but are not limited to: a copy of the
| broken .app, a full traceback, a list of files in the bundle, any crash
| reporter errors, otool -L output on any extensions and libraries in the
| bundle, etc.
|
| -bob

The message I gave before--"cannot find PyQt module"--is all I got from
stderr/console. Given how long it takes to build and install Qt/PyQt (a
day at least), I don't want to waste anyone else's time on that front.
I'll see if there's anything else I can do to figure this out--it's kind
~ of important that I gain some expertise here as I'm working on putting
together a binary distribution of PyQt. (I have to rebuild Qt anyway
because of a patch that I incorrectly made, so who knows, this bug may
go away on its own.)

- --
Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com