[Pythonmac-SIG] Distinguishing between MacPython and Fink Python at runtime

hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Sep 6 14:48:20 CEST 2004

On Sep 5, 2004, at 16:19, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Fink should probably test positive with sys.prefix.startswith('/sw')

That's what I am using at the moment, but since it is possible to
install fink somewhere else, it doesn't look like the ideal solution.

> However... testing for Fink vs. MacPython is the Wrong Thing To Do.
> You should just try and detect TclTkAqua versus X11 TclTkAqua, not
> Fink vs MacPython.  It's possible

I would have to do it through Tkinter, but I couldn't find anything of
use there. Perhaps the TclTkAqua people would be the ones to ask...
I'll report if I find something.

Konrad.