[Pythonmac-SIG] quicktime info?

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Mon Sep 13 18:08:40 CEST 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Kevin Ollivier wrote:

> Hi Arthur,
>
> On Sep 13, 2004, at 6:38 AM, Arthur Elsenaar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> looked around the archives and documentation, but can't find
>> information on how to use some very limited quicktime functionality.
>>
>> The main functionality I need are the movieplayer to load a sound
>> file, duration and position information.
>>
>> I like to add this an existing pythoncard application, so I suspect a
>> PyObjC solution is out the door?
>
> Well, I'm in the process of developing wxQtMovie for wxPython, which
> should already do what you need. (There's also wxSound, though I don't
> think you can get duration or position information with it.) Since
> pythoncard uses wxPython underneath, I think all that's needed is for
> Kevin A. to make the class accessible from pythoncard itself. I'm
> forwarding this to wxPython developer's list so that we can discuss
> this further and work out a solution.

PythonCard already wraps wx.Sound with its own Sound class in
PythonCard/sound.py that is demonstrated by the sound sample
application. There is another sample application, mp3player that uses
the PyGame movie module to play MP3 files and the PyGame movie module
definitely lets you do all the positional manipulation for MPEG. On the
QuickTime front, as soon as Kevin O.'s module is part of the general
wxPython distribution I will make a wrapper component for it, so maybe
wxPython 2.5.2.9?

ka