[Pythonmac-SIG] How to debug a non-functioning standalone app?

Bill Hutten bhutten at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 16 14:49:10 CEST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:51:36 -0300 bhutten at ns.sympatico.ca said:

>I have a standalone Python app (built with BundleBuilder).  It works fine
>on my development machine, but when I move it to another OSX 10.3.x
>machine it does not work.  When I launch the application, the icon
>appears momentarily in the dock, and then disappears.  I've tried
>generating the app using --standalone and --semi-standalone, with no
>success in resolving this.

Well, I've managed to resolve this.  The problem was that I was not
referencing the wxPython library in my bundlebuilder script. Doh.  Here's
my current bundlebuilder script - with this script I can generate a
standalone wxPython application that runs successfully on any OSX 10.3 system:

from bundlebuilder import buildapp

buildapp(
	name = "App",
	mainprogram = "App.py",
	includeModules = [],
	includePackages = [],
	libs = ["/usr/local/lib/wxPython-2.5.2.8/lib/libwx_macd-2.5.2.dylib"],
)

- bill
bhutten at ns.sympatico.ca
     "God made man, but he used the monkey to do it" - Devo