[Pythonmac-SIG] webkit cgi build and startupitems problems

Samuel M.Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Wed Sep 22 23:57:37 CEST 2004

I have installed webkit on OSX Server 10.3.5.
The mod_webkit built out of the box no problems and it is running fine.

However, I couldn't build the c version wkcgi.cgi. I get this error?

server:/users/webware/webware81/webkit/adapters/wkcgi root# make
cc -O2 -c ./wkcgi.c -o ./wkcgi.o
In file included from ../common/wkcommon.h:20,
                  from wkcgi.h:6,
                  from wkcgi.c:5:
/usr/include/resolv.h:174: error: field `nsaddr_list' has incomplete
type
/usr/include/resolv.h:188: error: field `addr' has incomplete type
/usr/include/resolv.h:216: error: field `sin' has incomplete type
make: *** [wkcgi.o] Error 1

Anybody have any experience with this and know how to fix it?

In the meantime I am using the python script version webkit.cgi.

In order to run the appserver I use a terminal window with
sudo -u webkit ./appserver

This works fine until my server gets rebooted for some reason then I
have to manually start it up again.
The documentation gives examples on using the webware/webkit/webkit
shell script to start on system startup but
I can't make sense of it for os x.

I believe on os X that your have to put things in
/system/library/startupitems. I did this but I think there is more to
it.
Has anybody figured out how to have webkit appserver startup
automatically in os x 10.3.5?

When I manually try to execute webkit I get a permission denied for
/var/spool/webkit