[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.3.4 framework installation: test_macostools failed

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Sep 26 23:43:09 CEST 2004

On 25 Sep 2004, at 16:02, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> It doesn't sound like a big deal, and I wouldn't worry too much about
> it at the moment (macostools is rarely used by most people on OS X).
> The test is probably wrong in some way, Jack would know.

Right:-)

The problem is in the test, not in the tested macostools framework. The
test fails exactly once (for most people): the first time you build a
framework Python. As soon as there's an installed framework Python
it'll work. I've looked at it a couple of times, but there's something
that makes it hard to fix. I forget what, but every time I look at it
again (about once a year) I spend half an hour on it, and then when I
finally find the problem again I say to myself: "Oh yes, *that* was the
problem. Hmm, that's really hard to fix":-)
Goldman