[Pythonmac-SIG] solution for matplotlib compile problems

Adam Naples adam.naples at yale.edu
Wed Sep 29 20:08:07 CEST 2004

Hi, I have been trying to get the latest version of matplotlib to
install (OS 10.3.5). the first attempt looked promising and then
crashed after a few minutes.
I downloaded this file you linked to and all I get is.

$ python setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 52, in ?
     from setupext import build_agg, build_gtkagg, build_tkagg, \
ImportError: cannot import name build_transforms

is this similar to the errors you were having?
any help would be great.
thanks in advance
-an