[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Keymap file for WingIDE

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Mon Apr 11 22:08:28 CEST 2005

In article <ff2547280e9776c1f6bfe1b907987fa7 at conncoll.edu>,
 Charles Hartman <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:

> That is really, really helpful. I've been using Custom Key Bindings for
> this, because my first attempt to make a keymap file didn't work well.
> This is much cleaner (though it has the temporary disadvantage that
> Wing has to be restarted for each change in the keymap).

Actually, you can easily reload a keymap file (as per a helpful hint
from Wing tech support). Just select the default keymap, click "Apply",
then select "Override with..." and click "Apply" or "OK".

> Thanks for doing this. I hope you've told Wing Tech Support about it.
> (They're extraordinarily helpful.)

I did and they said they were already working on such a file. They sent
it to me and even incorporated some suggested I had. I have updated the
file I am serving accordingly (with a few additional changes):
<ftp://ftp.astro.washington.edu/pub/users/rowen/mackeymap.zip>

I agree that Wing tech suport is amazing. WingIDE is a really nice
program, as well.

-- Russell