[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: ANN: MacEnthon 0.1

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 12 00:40:43 CEST 2005

Tom Pollard wrote:

> Actually, I was wondering how safe it would be to install MacEnthon if I
> already had a significant number of these packages installed?
> Everything I have was either built locally against the standard system
> Python 2.3 or installed from one of Bob Ippolito's binary packages.
> Will MacEnthon overwrite my existing packages?

It will overwrite pre-existing packages. It won't delete anything,
though. You'll just end up with some straggler files that were in your
version but not in mine. I believe this is more-or-less safe (that is,
if you want my version and not your own). Best, of course, is to move
the packages you have out of the way.

> Or get installed
> alongside them somehow?  Will I be able to select which MacEnthon
> packages are installed?

Yes, look for the "Custom Install" button after you select the drive to
install to.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu