[Pythonmac-SIG] Python and Startup Item

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Thu Apr 28 16:56:20 CEST 2005

I have created a Startup Item for macos x server 10.3.9 that invokes a
shell script to start a python process. The startup item is called but
the script fails. The app works if invoked from the terminal. The log
simply says the script failed.

The Startup Item script cd's to the appropriate directory, then
./AppLauncher to invoke the launch script. The launch script includes
"/usr/bin/env python Launch.py". Both AppLauncher  shell script and
Launch.py have been thoroughly tested on Linux.

The sys log in Server Admin tool says only that the Startup Item script
failed.

Where can I find debug or more detail about the failure?

Mark Phillips