[Pythonmac-SIG] Repackaging for Tiger?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Apr 28 20:49:56 CEST 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Bob Ippolito writes:
>> Only if you want to be.  Python 2.4.1 is the only Python I "support".
>> I still build packages for 2.3, only because it takes an extra few
>> seconds to do so, but I don't test them anymore.
>
> That's too bad, Bob.  If as rumored 2.3.5 is the Python on Tiger, I'd
> expect that to be what people building packages for Tiger would use.
> And you've been a big help (dramatic understatement there :-) to the
> Mac+Python community in the past -- I imagine we'll miss that help.

Well, as I said, I'll still be building Python 2.3 packages so long as
it is convenient to do so.. However, I quite like Python 2.4 (enhanced
speed, bug fixes and feature enhancements, generator expressions,
decorators, etc.), so I have no good reason to use Python 2.3.

I will test PyObjC and py2app under Python 2.3, but packages that are
"third party" to me aren't going to get any attention in that
environment.