[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app Question...

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at xerox.com
Fri Aug 5 15:29:18 CEST 2005

Folks,

I just started using py2app....  So this is probably due to operator
error...
But I'm quite surprised that the actual application's .py file is stored
in the
py2app bundle.  I expected the PYC file to be used.

While it's not a "huge" concern, I don't like the idea of anyone with a
text
editor being able to see my source code for the main unit....

Is there someway to force it to use a PYC instead?

from distutils.core import setup
import py2app

py2app_options = { 'argv_emulation':True,
                    'optimize':2,
                    'compressed':1}

data_files = [ ("", ["AUDIT.INI",
                     "AUDIT_GUI.RSRC.PY",
                     "sample_audit.ini",
                     "clean_desk.rpt",
                     "software.rpt"])
             ]

#setup ( app=['console4.py'],
#        options={"py2app": dict(py2app_options)},
#        data_files= data_files )

setup ( app=['audit_gui.py'],