[Pythonmac-SIG] noob question: handling protocols and files

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:31:41 CEST 2005

On 8/7/05, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
> > I was confused by @selector(handleGetURLEvent:withReplyEvent:) and the
> > error message I got when I tried my first intuition. My first attempt
> > was to just pass my Python method, but that complained saying that SEL
> > was expected instead of an instance method.
>
> That should've worked.
>
> > I really don't think I would have guessed to pass a string with the
> > selector name. That and the use of GURL instead of gurl was all it
> > took to get my program called at the right time.
>
> Selectors themselves are just interned char*

Ahh... That I wouldn't have guessed. That's good to know.

That might also explain the error I got about passing an instance
method when a SEL was expected. I seem to remember getting that error
while doing some exploration at the Python prompt. It's entirely
possible that the method I was passing at that time was not properly
named for a selector.

Kevin