[Pythonmac-SIG] SciPy install on Tiger with Python 2.4.1 framework

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 12 21:47:37 CEST 2005

Samuel M. Smith wrote:
> The gcc 3.3 issue was the key. Thanks for help.
>
> Below is a list of what I did.
>
> Could someone take these directions and create a pkg installer for
> scipy? So others can just double click to install?

Great idea..why not you? py2app bdist_mpkg is fabulous. If you can run:

python setup.py build

then you should be able to run

bdist_mpkg

and have it build a package for you. The trick is shared libs. When I
did this for matplotlib, I ended up making sure the libs it needed were
statically linked.

-good luck!